TCGH

About Us

Tillamook Regional Medical Center (formerly Tillamook County General Hospital) was built on its current site in 1950, at a cost of $1,175,000. In 1973, Tillamook County signed a long-term management lease agreement with Northwest Medical Foundation of Tillamook, a non-profit health care corporation affiliated with the Seventh-day Adventist Church and owned by Adventist Health. 

In 1975, county citizens approved a bond issue, which was combined with federal funds to achieve a $2.4 million hospital improvement project.

In January 1980 NorthWest Medical Foundation merged with Adventist Health. The operation of the facility is a partnership between Adventist Health and Tillamook County, with a long-term lease currently in effect through 2045.

By the 1990's, in meeting community health care needs, hospital services had outgrown the facility's available space and significant remodeling was needed to accommodate modern technologies. In September 1996, voters of Tillamook County overwhelmingly approved a $10 million bond levy to upgrade and renovate the facility.

This project, completed in the Fall of 2000, added 25,000 square feet to the existing building and renovated 38,000 square feet. Improvements were made in a number of departments including Emergency, Surgery, Recovery, Outpatient Services, Laboratory and the Birthing Center. Other areas of improvement included replacement of plumbing and electrical, additional air conditioning, increased capacity of emergency generator, expanded fire alarm system and upgrading of the building to meet current earthquake standards.

Between 2009 and 2013, five hospital-based rural health clinics were established in Manzanita, Tillamook, Pacific City and Lincoln City.  Tillamook Medical Plaza , the flagship clinic located immediately east of the Medical Center, was dedicated and opened for patient care in May 2013.  Extended hours and after-hours access to providers are available at all locations.  Urgent care is provided at Manzanita, Tillamook Medical Plaza and Lincoln City clinics.

As a non-profit organization, much of our health care revenues stay within Tillamook County in the form of purchases and payroll, as well as the reinvestment by Adventist Health in upgrading equipment. Recent technology enhancements include transitioning to all-digital Radiology equipment and the implementation of a hospital-wide electronic medical record system. About $29 million in payroll annually benefits the local economy.

The Medical Center participates in numerous national and state quality initiatives, as well a national patient satisfaction benchmarking. Results consistently rank us in the top decile performance. For more information, see Quality of Care .

As health care transformation rapidly changes the way that health and wellness services are delivered, the dedicated members of our health care team are committed to providing the highest quality medical services and supporting wellness throughout our service area. View our current corporate Annual Report .

View our Community Health Plan 2014 (PDF 12MB) .

Tillamook Regional Medical Center is part of Adventist Health, a faith-based, not-for-profit integrated health care delivery system serving communities in California, Hawaii, Oregon and Washington. Our workforce of 28,900 includes more than 21,200 employees; 4,500 medical staff physicians; and 3,200 volunteers. Founded on Seventh-day Adventist health values, Adventist Health provides compassionate care in 19 hospitals, more than 180 clinics (hospital-based, rural health and physician clinics), 14 home care agencies, seven hospice agencies and four joint-venture retirement centers. For more information, visit Adventist Health .

top
1000 3rd Street, Tillamook, Oregon 97141503-842-4444